The facilities will include eight new inpatient wards which will be further boosted by the modernisation of the Trust’s community services. SWLSTG has already started construction work on this programme, which will include new housing and a 32-acre public park (the first of its kind since the 2012 London Olympics).
The plans, now formally approved, will bring forward a range of benefits to the people who use our services, their carers and the local community, including:
- World class mental health inpatient facilities: delivering the best care for our patients
- 839 brand new homes: providing houses for local families in Tooting
- A 32-acre public park: providing excellent outdoor space including a gym and play areas for our local community
- Community shops and a café: for local residents to meet and relax
- Extensive community healthcare: treating people closer to their families and their home
- Land to be made available for a new school: investing in our children’s future
- More than £5million for new transport facilities: boosting transport links for local residents.
The Trust received government approval for its Full Business Case for the development following extensive engagement with the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS Improvement, NHS England and Her Majesty’s Treasury.
Ann Beasley CBE, Chair of South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust said:
Vanessa Ford, Acting Chief Executive of South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust said:
The Trust has now formally signed contracts for the delivery of the Springfield University Hospital development, the cost of which is estimated at £150million. The Trust will be working with Springfield and Tolworth Estate Partnership (STEP), a 50/50 partnership with Sir Robert McAlpine Capital Ventures Ltd and Kajima Partnership.
Hold the date
On Monday 10 February 2020 there will be a ground-breaking ceremony event at Springfield University Hospital, 61 Glenburnie Road, London, SW17 7DJ.
To attend email email@example.com by 3 February 2020.