Who we are and what we do
We are the independent champion for people in Wandsworth who use health and social care services. We’re here to make sure that those running services, put people at the heart of care.
We aim to:
- Promote and support involvement of the public in health and social care.
- Find out what local people think, what matters the them and make sure that their views shape health and care services in Wandsworth.
- Drive up the quality of local services so that they help people to stay well, get the best out of services and to manage their health and wellbeing.
- Promote access to services and choice.
How we work
We are here to listen to what you like about services and what you think could be improved. No matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it.
Where possible, we will let you know when changes are planned to services in our community and help you have a say. We will also encourage those in charge of local care to involve you when changes are being planned to services.
You can also speak to us to find information about health and social care services available locally.
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard. We try to bring communities and services together to champion what matters to you and to work with others to find ideas that work.
We are independent and our staff and volunteers are committed to listen to what matters most to people by:
- Visiting services to see how they work and speak to people using the services
- Running surveys and focus groups
- Going out in to the community and working with other organisations to hear from local people
- Hosting our own free public events
- Reporting and presenting your views
We then speak to health and care decision makers so that they can improve services, policy and practice.