Healthwatch Wandsworth aims to create a volunteering programme that will help build sustainable and informative relationships with patients, service users and the public. Healthwatch Wandsworth is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services.
We are looking for local people to help us improve local health and care services for the residents of Wandsworth and we're particularly interested in hearing from younger people.
Our volunteers are our biggest asset and we have a huge variety of roles available. With such a broad remit the possibilities to get involved are endless, whether you have just a little time to give, or a lot.
Healthwatch Wandsworth has a number of opportunities available in the following areas:
- Healthwatch Representatives - represent Healthwatch's concerns and causes (both local and national) at various forums that influence the way services are run. We also meet with Hospital Managers, commissioners, the local authority and have speaking rights in local government decision making committees.
- Enter and View Representatives - take part in our inspections of NHS and Council funded health and care services, such as hospitals and cares homes (see our Enter & View page for more information)
- Outreach and Engagement Assistants - join us in getting out and about in your local community, meeting with local people, even attending local festivals. Connect with people and find out what they have to say
- Research Assistants - gather evidence to ensure that our work is credible and robust. Help us to map our local area and ensure we are kept informed of policy changes and proposals
- Office Volunteer – help us to do more, and better, by supporting us in the office. The role can vary from helping with our newsletter to uploading content onto our website and updating our database
- WCA Trustee – contribute to the governance and strategic direction of all of Wandsworth Care Alliance’s projects, including Healthwatch, which aim to improve health and wellbeing through community involvement, collaboration and a stronger voluntary sector voice (more information on the role is available here).
We are keen to enable our volunteers to develop, so tell us what you are interested in and we will tailor your post so that you can flourish. We will also cover travel and lunch expenses.
Why not join us! You can become a member by following this link. Once you've signed up, you will receive our newsletter with the latest news on health and social care developments in the borough and nationally. You will also be invited to take part in our work - responding to our surveys and consultations.
If you would like more information about any of the roles, please have a look at the role descriptions below. Alternatively and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8516 7767. We would be happy to arrange to meet with you at a convenient time to talk about how you can get involved.
Find us on Facebook (@HWWands) and follow us on Twitter (/HWWands).
We look forward to hearing from you!