There are webinars and online events happening in South West London and across London, where you can ask the experts about keeping well this winter and the COVID-19 vaccinations.
South West London:
These webinars are open to all communities, staff and anyone working or living in South West London to hear from a local GP about:
- Covid-19 vaccine
- 18+ Booster vaccine
- Testing and isolation rules/requirements
- Community services available to you
- How you can stay healthy and well this festive period
There have so far been three scheduled and more dates will be added. Below we have included a recording and presentation slides from one of the webinars that has already happened.
To find out more and register your interest, please sign up here:
Health leaders, the Mayor and community organisations are working together to help get #LondonInformed about the current Covid-19 situation, the threat posed by Omicron and the importance of the vaccine programme. Come and put your questions to senior health experts at the first two Big Conversation events.
There are two sessions already scheduled, and more dates will be added:
- The Ubele Initiative are hosting the first event from 5-6pm 22nd Dec, sign up here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xTW30ctxQ6Od6I7fHCD58A
- The Muslim Council of Britain and BIMA are hosting the second event from 6-7pm 22nd Dec, sign up here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UNKhfrtvTmqKNMsmK5Cs3g
Guest experts include:
- Dr Muhammed Wajid Akhter, Assistant Secretary General, Muslim Council of Britain
- Dr Tehseen Khan, GP and Senior Clinical Advisor to London COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Dr Salman Waqar, General Secretary of British Islamic Medical Association
- Dr. Muhammed Haqmal, previously Public Health Lead in Afghanistan and is now a lecturer in London
- Sherifat Muhammad Kamal, Specialist Pharmacist and Clincal Lead for COVID-19 vaccination centre
- Dr Debbie Weekes-Bernard, Deputy Mayor for Communities and Social Justice