What is happening and when?
In November and December 2021 we would like have a conversation with people who, as family members or friends, have been looking after someone who was discharged from hospital in the last six months. Our staff and volunteers would like to have the conversation with people individually to talk about what happened.
What difference will this make?
We have been asked, as the independent champion for local people, to speak to people as part of a project led by NHS England and NHS Improvement. Our aim is to understand how discharges are working for you and the people you care for and what matters most to you to improve quality.
The experiences you share will inform work including quality markers for hospital settings and carers passports, assuring plans for improving hospital discharge for patients and Care Quality Commission lines of enquiry.
Who can take part and how?
- If you have been looking after someone who was discharged from hospital in the last six months and you have been providing unpaid care we would like to speak to you.
- We are looking for 10-12 people in total, from across section of age groups, genders and people who represent different ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- A transcript of the conversation will be recorded and shared confidentially with NHS England and NHS Improvement. We will share anonymised information with local people in charge of services.
- We can work with you to try to accommodate your preferences as to whether the conversation is on the telephone, online or face to face.
- As a thank you for sharing your valued time with us, we would like to offer a £40 voucher for taking part.
What to do if you are interested
- Get in touch to tell us you would be interested to take part and we will provide more information.
- If you are unsure about having the time to take part, let us know if there is any way we can adapt or support you to take part.
- If you just want to tell us your experience without being a part of this project, you can always email us or complete our online survey here
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 516 7767.