Healthwatch Wandsworth Reveals Local People’s Health Priorities for 2018
- Views and experiences of more than 1120 local residents collected on health and social care services
- NHS Five Year Forward Plan identified as one of the top issues for 2018
- Local patients/service users urged to get in touch with Healthwatch Wandsworth to share their stories and help improve services for all
Over the last year, we hosted engagement events at local shopping centres, and have visited local hospitals, GP surgeries and care homes to hear what people have to say about their experiences using health and social care services.
Throughout 2017 over 340,000 people spoke to local Healthwatches about their experiences and shared their ideas with us. From our conversations with people, we found out that the top five priorities they would like us to look into further are:
- Mental health services, particularly for children and young people
- Adult social care, including residential care homes and care at home
- Service changes, especially Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs)
- Hospital care, including discharge and A&E services
- Better access to GP and dental services
This list of priorities will shape our work over the next 12 months. Our latest campaign - #SpeakUp - is designed to get more people to share their views about local health care and we'd love you to get in touch and tell us about your ideas and/or experiences.
If you have an idea that could help improve health and social care for you, a loved one or your community, please contact us - no matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it. The more you tell us, the more services can understand when improvements are needed. #SpeakUp in 2018 to help make services better for the people of Wandsworth.